Is there any way to select to be notified by EITHER Cell OR Email? I keep getting BOTH, and would prefer to select one only.

Yes..if you want e-mail only, place 2035555555 as your cell number. To get only cell text place your number in 2301234567 and then in the e-mail spot, do not place a valid e-mail address.

I received an e-Notification but when I went to the site, nothing was there. Why is that?

Users will post messages to test the IAN system, especially at the beginning of a winter season and then they remove the test message. We do ask they keep the test message up but if you go to the site and there is no message, it is because they were testing the system and removed the test message.

I signed up but do not know what to do now.

Go to E-Notifications, where you registered, and let your mouse hover over the word e-notifications. A menu will appear. roll down and click on the group that you wish to select from. If you want to select a school. then click on schools. Enter your user name and password then click on submit. You will then be taken to the page where you can add cell phones for text and e-mail addresses as well as choose the locations you wish to be notified about.

I signed up for text messages but do not get any.

Please check that you did not place a dash between the numbers and that you selected a cell phone provider. Numbers should be entered like this: 2031234567

How do I change my e-mail address?

To change your e-mail address you will have to go to E-notifications and access your account page and there you can change, add, or subtract an e-mail.

IAN System

What does IAN stand for?

Internet Access Notification System

I would like to sign up a Church to be a part of the IAN System, how do I do that?

Go to and click on IAN Request and then fill out the forms and choose Public Organizations for the drop down menu for "grp" and after filling out all the form then submit it. We will then contact you with instructions on how to post information and you can tell people that they can see your postings on the www.ctweather site and/or sign up for free E-notification through our web site. There they will be notified instantly when you post a message.

How can I sign up to post notices regarding cancellations or delayed openings?

To request a user name and password and post information on the site, go to Click on IAN POSTING REQUESTS. Fill out the form and then click on SUBMIT. A verification e-mail will be sent when you have been activated.

I have signed up for an IAN account, but now how do I post?

  1. Go to
  2. Click on Reporting button on top right page
  3. Choose your group from the drop down menu
  4. Enter your Username
  5. Enter your password
  6. Click SUBMIT
  7. On the new page that appears, pick a choice from the drop-down menu and/or write in the text box then click SUBMIT


How do I sign up for your Degree Day Service?

Go to our web site at Click on the left menu toward the bottom on AVAILABLE SERVICES. The menu will expand and then click on DEGREE DAY SERVICE and there you will find a hyper link to open the subscription form in an Adobe PDF format which you can fill out on the computer to print/e-mail/snail mail or fax to us.

How to I obtain historic weather information?

To get historic weather information for certain towns, go to and click on AVAILABLE SERVICES at the bottom of the main menu then click on FORENSIC REPORTS. There you will find a request form, information and rates for various reports.